Can a team working remotely perform the work of a staff person? Yes, we’re proving it.
Just ask our clients. Let us show you how a team working remotely can perform all the functions of modern church communications. Yes, some on-site time is necessary, but through online tools like Zoom, remote desktop software, Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, and ClickUp, we can deliver a better communications ministry than can be obtained by taking a traditional approach.
Church communication has radically transformed.
Not too long ago, a Communications Director managed a few tasks like creating newsletters, updating bulletin boards, and running ads in the newspaper. Today, the job encompasses live streaming worship services and events, managing several social media platforms, creating online training and education resources, and building websites. Churches must be able to keep up with the changes taking place daily in order to remain relevant and connected to people in their communities.
At the same time, communications ministries have become more challenging and specialized, and unprecedented opportunities for outreach are available to those with vision, skills, and knowledge. Thanks to the widespread adoption of digital technology during the COVID-19 pandemic, the church has been free from time and space. Worshipers can join at any time during the week and from anywhere in the world. John Wesley’s (the founder of Methodism) statement, “The world is my parish,” is within reach of every church.
Who you’ll be working with: Rev. Steven D. Martin
As a member of the clergy with 19 years of experience as a pastor of local churches, a filmmaker, and a professional communicator, I bring a unique skill set to the work of church communications.
As the founder/director of The Lakelands Institute, I also manage a team that will bring a powerful communications function to your church that would be unobtainable otherwise.
As a filmmaker, I have produced, written, and directed five documentary films broadcast by Public Television stations to millions of viewers. As a communicator, I have helped organizations tell stories that change hearts and minds.
Please allow me the opportunity to present what I and my team can do for your church.
Strategic Media and Communications
- Press conferences: coordination, messaging, coaching, and execution
- Story pitching to local, regional, and national media outlets & talk shows
- Press advisories and releases
- Event video and still photography
Print and Internal Communications
- Newsletter production
- Email broadcasts to members
- Layout and design using Adobe Creative Suite
- Videos to help connect members to ministries
Digital Presence and Social Media
- Facebook optimization and advertising
- Instagram optimization
- Website development
- Content Management Systems (CMS) & Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Personal branding, headshots
- Logo design
- Publication design, layout, and printing
- Slide presentations and pitch decks
Audio & Events
- Small venue sound services
- Large event sound, video, and staging
- Event recording
- Radio ad production
- Podcast development from concept to execution
- Messaging and consistency
- Technology and web tools to simplify production
- Monetization strategies
- Storyboarding and scripting
- 4k video production
- Narration and music beds
- Distribution strategies covering everything from broadcast TV to streaming media
- YouTube and streaming media optimization (SEO)
Questions? Pick a time using the calendar widget below.