The PURPOSE of the Strategic Learning Covenant (SLC) is to develop clarity about
- the skills and experiences you already have,
- the skills and knowledge you wish to develop,
- a set of goals to guide you,
- and assessment markers to determine when you have achieved your goals.
It also represents a commitment between you and your coach as to your intentions, actions, and direction. It is a map for your learning journey.
- people learn the best when they are involved in creating their own questions
- one should not “manage” others unless they are capable of “managing” themselves
- clergy and church leaders are change leaders and change agents, that is, you are people who set goals and manage toward them.
The SLC experience should help you build your capacity as a change agent and leader.